Linkdump of how to get color profiles working in Linux, esp. using Firefox:
- Mozilla Developer Center: ICC color correction in Firefox - most important article of all mentioned here!
- Richtige Farben in Firefox - ICC-Profil-Erkennung aktivieren! - mostly for testing purposes
- Color Management in Firefox aktivieren - Just for testing purposes
- All about Color Management @ Linux Photography blog
- color correction for images in Firefox 3.5 - also mostly for testing purposes
Basically, you not only need to enable the color profiles, but also have to add the path were the ICC profile of your monitor is stored in about:config. Also see the above link to the Mozilla Developer Center.